Packing Diapers for Milwaukee Diaper Mission
December 10 @ 9:00 am - 11:10 am
KIC is thrilled to be partnering again with the Milwaukee Diaper Mission (MDM).
In collaboration with its partner organizations, MDM empowers families in need by providing a reliable source of free diapers and period products. Since its founding in September 2020, MDM has distributed the following list to the Milwaukee community:
- 403k disposable diapers
- 150k disposable period products
- 7.6K packs of baby wipes
- 2.5K cloth diapers
- 1.2K cloth pads
- 194 menstrual cups
We appreciate the service that MDM is providing our communities and we want to help!
MDM has thousands of diapers that have been donated by community members and partner organizations. KIC families will sign up for one-hour time slots (time slots will be assigned based on availability). During that time, they will count and package diapers to be distributed throughout the Milwaukee community. These diapers need to be wrapped into packages of 25 for easier monthly distribution. Families will count out diapers and package them with shrink wrap.
Kids will use their service skills to help provide diapers for families who are struggling to afford diapers to keep their babies clean, dry, and healthy.
Kids will see that serving others can be fun and that they are capable of making a difference.
When and Where
Saturday, Dec. 10
- Time slot #1: 9-10 a.m.
- Time slot #2: 10:10-11:10 a.m.
Milwaukee Diaper Mission
9600 S. Franklin Dr.
Franklin, WI 53132
This service project will take place at the Milwaukee Diaper Mission’s new location in Franklin, WI.
- Their warehouse is the last one on the east end of the building. This larger warehouse will allow three families to safely work in the space at the same time.
- All volunteers over the age of three are required to wear masks. The area will be sanitized between each session. MDM leaders will be present to guide you through the process.
- There is a designated play area for younger children to enjoy while parents and older children participate in the service project.
- Parking is available in the lot in front of the building.
Cancellations: Please contact Kitty Janas at firstname.lastname@example.org in the event of a cancellation so we can add waitlisted families to the event.
Participant Cap: Six families total (three per session)
Age: Parents may need to help with counting and/or packaging but all ages are welcome.
Cost: Free. However, if your child would like a leadership extension prior to the event, they could ask their neighbors and/or relatives to donate diapers and bring them to the Diaper Mission.
Materials: All volunteers ages three and over will need to wear a mask at all times within the building. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
Questions: Please contact Kitty Janas at email@example.com with any questions. We will send you an email to confirm registration and touch base before the event.