- This event has passed.
Garden Homes Food Pantry Bag Pack
March 15, 2021 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Many families in our community suffer from food insecurity and Garden Homes Lutheran Church in Milwaukee is committed to helping alleviate this burden by providing food to community members in need.
Purpose: Your children will help pack 40 food pantry bags with canned and boxed food items that will be given out the next day to families and individuals living with food insecurities.
Impact: We hope that all of the children participating will grow in awareness of how to help those in need.
Activities: Your family will assemble 40 food pantry bags with provided canned and boxed food items.
Materials: All materials will be provided on site for your family. Please have you and your children (appropriate ages) wear a mask.
When and Where: March 15th at 10:30am at Garden Homes Lutheran Church, 2450 W Roosevelt Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53209. Parking is available on Roosevelt or on 24th Place (one-way street with access off Teutonia). Please enter the building entrance on 24th Place. You will meet Julia Mattek and family minister Paul Marquardt to help assemble bags in the lobby. We will all wear masks and allow space for social distancing as much as possible.
Registration: Click here to register
Cancellations: In the event that circumstances change and you are no longer able to assist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participant Cap: 1 family
Ages: All ages welcome to help however they can.
Waivers: In order to ensure meals are safe to be distributed throughout our community, volunteers must meet specific requirements to be eligible to assemble the bags. You must confirm that all statements below are true for you and anyone in your household where lunches will be packed. (You will sign this waiver on the next screen).
- No one in my family has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks, nor is anyone currently under quarantine.
- No one in my family experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath) in the past 2 weeks.
- No one in my family has come into contact with anyone testing positive for COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
- No one in my family has, to my knowledge, been exposed to or come into contact with someone with or presumed to have COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
- We have followed CDC guidelines to avoid infection (stay home as much as possible, keep 6 feet away from others, and wash hands frequently).
Questions: Contact email@example.com with any questions
Additional Information: For more information about Garden Homes Lutheran Church: https://ghlc85.wixsite.com/church
Children’s book about food insecurity: Maddi’s Fridge by Lois Brandt